Friday, December 31, 2010

Team work

Christmas weekend I went out with Moxi and Kira. I was able to witness Moxi back Kira from roughly 75 to 100 yds away. I was amazed just by the fact that these are my dogs doing this. Moxi typically would not back Kira because Kira will point tweety birds due to her inexperience. Since I've been working them together Kira is begining to ignore the tweety birds and Moxi begining to take Kira's points a little more seriously. Moxi has now been making retrieves something she didn't do before until we started letting Kira come with. Kira loves to retrieve .







I am convinced that hunting with dogs trained at this level combined with their natural instincts does not allow much hope for the wildlife that is being hunted. Using two dogs even seems unfair at times. I've hunted wild birds and preserve birds with these dogs, to be done in 15 to 30 minutes is not unusual. Often my drive is longer than the hunt.














No comments: